Public Notices

Listed below are the current Public Notices published by the Walla Walla District for proposed projects within the state of Idaho. The Public Notices are sorted by Effective Date and are provided in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC to view these files. 

Viewing Public Notices. To view a Public Notice, left-click on the Permit Application Number (highlighted in blue). To download the file to your PC, right-click on the Permit Application Number, then select "Save Target As" from the menu.

How to Submit Comments. To submit comments via email, cut and paste the email address of the respective Project Manager's from the table below into an email and in the subject line of your email enter: Public Notice Comments for (referencing the specific project).  To submit comments in writing, send them to the respective Project Manager at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Walla Walla District Regulatory Division, 720 E. Park Blvd., Suite 245, Boise, ID 83712. All comments should include the permit application number and project name, your name, address, and phone number.

News Release: Section 1122 - Water Resources Development Act

Published Feb. 16, 2018
Expiration date: 3/12/2018
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers publishes request for proposals for beneficial use of dredged materials

Washington (February 9, 2018) - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers today published in the Federal Register its request for proposals for beneficial use of dredged material pilot projects pursuant to Section 1122 of the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) of 2016, Beneficial Use of Dredged Material.

Proposals must be submitted to USACE on or before March 12, 2018. More information on the program and solicitation can be found in the Federal Register notice, 83 Fed. Reg. 5763 (Feb. 9, 2018). It is available on line at

Section 1122 requires USACE to establish a pilot program to carry out 10 projects for the beneficial use of dredged material. The pilot program can include projects for the purposes of:
(1) reducing storm damage to property and infrastructure;
(2) promoting public safety;
(3) protecting, restoring and creating aquatic ecosystem habitats;
(4) stabilizing stream systems and enhancing shorelines;
(5) promoting recreation;
(6) supporting risk management adaptation strategies; and
(7) reducing the costs of dredging and dredged material placement or disposal, such as
projects that use dredged material for:
    (A) construction or fill material;
    (B) civic improvement objectives; and,
    (C) other innovative uses and placement alternatives that produce public economic or environmental benefits.

Projects identified under Section 1122 must maximize the beneficial placement of dredged material from federal and non-federal navigation channels and ensure that the use of dredged material is consistent with all applicable environmental laws. USACE is required to carry out the pilot program in consultation with relevant state agencies and to establish regional teams to assist in the evaluation of the proposals.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers publishes request for proposals for beneficial uses of dredged materials/2-2-2

USACE implementation guidance (including selection criteria) for carrying out the provisions of Section 1122 and information on submitting a proposal can be found at

The ASA(CW) is required to submit a report to the Congress within two years that includes:
(1) a description of the projects selected under the pilot program;
(2) documentation supporting each of the projects selected;
(3) the findings of regional beneficial use teams regarding project selection; and
(4) any recommendations of the ASA(CW) or regional beneficial use teams with respect to
the pilot program.

The program terminates after completion of the 10 beneficial use pilot projects.



Stay up to date on our most recent Public Notices.

The Public Notice, drawings, and attachments will be available for you to view, download, and/or print here on our Public Notice home page.

To add or update your information to our E-Notification list, please email us with your updated information, or please fill out one or both forms below for Idaho Counties and/or Idaho Watershed Public Notice Distribution List(s) and email them to us at:


Idaho Counties PN Distribution List Form

Idaho Watershed PN Distribution List Form