Lyons Ferry
Lyons Ferry, originally called Palouse Ferry, was a wooden barge rigged on an overhead cable across the river. It had no engine and relied on the current of the river to carry it back and forth. This ferry service began in 1859 and lasted until the Lower Monumental pool was raised in 1969.

Download Image: Full Size (0.25 MB)
Photo by: hannah mitchell |  VIRIN: 230503-A-QM295-0002.JPG