AHSAHKA, Idaho – The public is invited to attend free nature-themed movie presentations at the Dworshak Dam Visitor Center theater during June, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials at the dam announced today.
Starting Memorial Day weekend, movies will be shown at 11 a.m. on Saturdays -- a change from typical Friday afternoon showings offered during the 2011-2012 school year.
The following movies will be shown during June:
· Saturday, June 2 – Scooby Do! Camp Scare. Welcome to Camp Little Moose - where the counselors are friendly, the activities are endless and the urban legends are intense. In fact, every time someone tells a ghost story, the creepy creature comes to life. Movie not rated.
· Saturday, June 9 – Charlie the Lonesome Cougar. This movie is reminiscent of the historic Clearwater River log drives of the local area, as Charlie the cougar demonstrates his own exciting logrolling skills. Rated G, for General Audiences.
· Saturday, June 16 – Saltwater Moose. Bobby and Jo have befriended a lonely male moose who lives on an island. Jo has a wild plan to capture and relocate a female moose to be company. Follow Bobby, Jo and their parents as they attempt to put Jo’s plan into operation. Rated G, for general audiences.
· Saturday, June 23 – Grizzly Mountain. A story of two kids who help to save Grizzly Mountain from land developers. Rated G, for general audiences.
· Saturday, June 30 – Escape to Grizzly Mountain. This movie follows a brave boy back through time in a race to save one of Earth’s cutest and most loveable creatures! Rated G, for general audiences.
To get to the Dworshak Dam Visitor Center, drive five miles west of Orofino, Idaho, on state Highway 7; turn right onto Viewpoint Road and follow visitor center signs for about two miles.
For more information regarding water levels, facilities access or recreation opportunities, call the visitor center at 208-476-1255, or stop by the center -- open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, the center will be open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.