Type of Recreation: Day-Use, Fishing, birding, wildlife viewing, hiking, hunting (see Alerts and Important Information)
Administering Office: Ice Harbor Lock and Dam
Location: Lake West, Snake River Mile 51, South River Bank
Acreage: 185 Acres
Highway Directions: From the intersection of Highway 12 and 124. On highway 124 drive 28 miles to Lyons Ferry Road. Turn left onto Lyons Ferry Ramp. Turn right on Lyons Ferry Road toward Lower Monumental Dam and drive 17 miles. Turn left onto Ayers Road. Drive 8 miles to Ayers Boat Basin. Turn left into the parking area.
Facilities - Vault toilet and camping available at Ayer Boat Basin next to Habitat Management Unit
Season and Hours of Operation
Year round, with no specific hours of operation.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
2339 Monument Drive
Burbank, WA 99323
Distance to Nearest
Hospital: 45 miles (Lourdes Medical Center, Pasco, WA, 509-547-7704; or Walla Walla General, Walla Walla, WA, 509-525-0480)
Alerts and Important Information/Notes
1. Rules and regulations under Title 36 apply on all Corps. Lands
2. All Washington State hunting and fishing regulations are applicable.
3. Target, clay pigeon shooting and "plinking" are prohibited.
4. Pick up your litter when you leave. (PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT)
5. No hunting in parks and safety zone areas
6. Be aware that other project visitors may be using hunting areas for different recreational activities.
7. Authorized vehicles Only.
8. Camping and open fires are prohibited.